Total average value of up to $24,000
- Commencing students receive $6000 for a full-time study load (48 credit points), up to a maximum of four years.
- Commencing students will also be invited to apply for a place in Monash Minds – our program that connects and challenges high-achieving first-year students.
- Students transferring from another university/TAFE receive $6000 for a full-time study load (48 credit points), paid for one year only.
- 40 scholarships available for commencing students in 2017.
- Based on academic achievement and offered to the highest-achieving students.
All conditions must be met
- Australian or New Zealand citizen, holder of an Australian permanent resident or permanent humanitarian visa.
- Studying Australian Year 12 or IB in 2016 (includes New Zealand citizens completing the NCEA level 3 examination in 2016), or
- A current Monash undergraduate student, or
- Completed Year 12 in 2015 and has not undertaken any other tertiary study.
- Wishing to transfer from another university/TAFE, or holder of a higher-education award and enrolling in an undergraduate course at Monash.
- ATAR between 99.00 and 99.85 for Year 12 students, or
- transferring students are assessed based on course application, prior academic achievement and ATAR (equivalent to high-distinction average).
*Some faculties may use additional criteria to assess eligible students.
- You must maintain a distinction average (70% or above) each semester.
Application and other information
- Can be deferred.
- Commencing students – no application is required. Students that apply for a course through VTAC will be automatically assessed.
- Current students - will be automatically assessed.
- Find out more about – transferring students (includes students who already hold a higher-education award and are enrolling in an undergraduate course at Monash).