The Gandel Scholarship program was structured to support the award of two scholarships each year:
- John Gandel Scholarship
- Pauline Gandel Scholarship
- $6000 per annum, paid in four equal instalments, for the duration of the degree up to a maximum of 4 years.
- $6000 paid towards MRS fees (in the first year only).
- Up to $12,900 for a Residential Advisor Scholarship (from the second year of the degree)
- $4000 one-off Global Scholarship (from the second year of the degree)
- An invitation to apply for a place in Monash Minds - our program that connects high-achieving first year students.
- Two scholarships are available each year, one for a male student (John Gandel Scholarship) and one for a female student (Pauline Gandel Scholarship).
- Based on academic achievement, personal circumstances, social or financial disadvantage and leadership potential.
- Applicants will be interviewed to assess their commitment to making a difference to others through leadership and community involvement.
- Consideration will be given to students who are experiencing social disadvantage such as those who are from communities under-represented in higher education including those, but not limited to recent refugee arrivals in Australia, Indigenous Australian or those who find themselves in difficult circumstances.
All conditions must be met
- Australian or New Zealand citizen, holder of an Australian permanent resident or permanent humanitarian visa.
- Commencing student enrolling full-time in an undergraduate degree at a Monash campus in Australia.
- Selected to be an Access Monash Ambassador.
- Residing in Monash Residential Services
- Experiencing social or financial disadvantage.
- Minimum ATAR or equivalent of 90.00.
Application and other information
- Cannot be deferred.
- You must apply for equity scholarships through VTAC to be considered.
- You must apply to become an Access Monash Ambassador when applying for this scholarship.
- Recipients must provide a report to the donor at the end of the year and attend the annual Gandel Scholar's lunch.