This scholarship is funded by the generosity of Hong Kong based Monash Alumni and is available for undergraduate courses no more than four years,
Total value of up to $254,000 over four years
- $63,000 for a full-time study load (48 credit points) paid per year until the minimum number of points for your degree to be completed (up to 4 years).
- To be used for tuition fees and to contribute towards accommodation, living costs, health insurance, a return economy flight each year and visa costs.
- 1 scholarship offered for 2018 course start date
- Students will also be assessed on their scholarship application statement (750 words) and financial support statement (500 words).
All conditions must be met
- A citizen of Hong Kong; and
- Be a newly commencing student applying for a full-time Monash course offer in any undergraduate degree at a Monash campus in Australia; and
- Candidates must have achieved the minimum entry requirements for their preferred course; and
- Demonstrate that they come from a low income household.
- Recipients must maintain a minimum WAM of 65% or above and remain enrolled as an international student.
Application and other information
- Cannot be deferred.
- Applications for double degrees are ineligible for this scholarship
- Applications close on the 22 June 2017.
- You must submit evidence of your family’s annual household income in 2016 (certified copies of your parents' BIR60 translated into English). We would also welcome supplementary evidence such as your eligibility for the Comprehensive Social Security Assistance Scheme (CSSA), Tertiary Student Finance Scheme (TSFS) or School Textbook Assistance Scheme (STAS). The more evidence you provide, the stronger your application will be.
- You must submit a separate application form for this scholarship
- Please send both the course and scholarship applications to firstname.lastname@example.org and email@example.com with the subject header "Hong Kong Alumni Scholarship - NAME"
- If you have any further questions, please email firstname.lastname@example.org