The Rene Van der Borght Applied Mathematics Honours Scholarship is the School of Mathematical Science's premier award at the undergraduate level. It is awarded to high-achieving undergraduate students who wish to continue their passion in applied mathematics through research programs offered in their
Total value of $5000
- $5000 for a full-time study load (48 credit points) paid for a maximum of one year only.
- One scholarship is available.
- Academic achievement.
- Average of 90% or above in 24 credit points of relevant applied mathematics, astrophysics or atmospheric science units at level three.
- Commencing an honours program supervised by a staff member within the School of Mathematical Sciences.
All conditions must be met
- Australian or New Zealand citizen, holder of an Australian permanent resident visa or permanent humanitarian visa, international student.
- Commencing full-time in the Honours degree of Bachelor of Science, or the 48 credit point honours year in the Bachelor of Science Advanced with Honours, in applied mathematics, astrophysics or atmospheric science, in the School of Mathematical Sciences at the Monash University Clayton campus.
- Supervised by a staff member in the School of Mathematical Sciences.
- Maintain full-time enrolment.
Application and other information
- Cannot be deferred.
- No application is necessary. Students will be automatically assessed.