- $5199 per annum for the duration of the degree, up to a maximum of four years.
- Seven scholarships are available in 2016.
- An additional allocation of 12 scholarships is available for eligible students enrolling in the Indigenous Enabling Program in 2016.
All conditions must be met
- Indigenous Australian.
- Commencing full-time undergraduate student* in a Commonwealth Supported Place (CSP) or Graduate Diploma of Education at a Monash campus in Australia.
- Experiencing financial disadvantage.
- Within the four years prior to commencing your course at university, you must have either:
*Including the Diploma of Tertiary Studies.
- You must move from your regional and remote area in order to undertake your university course, or where you have moved from a regional and remote area to complete your secondary schooling, you must remain in a major city to undertake your university course.
- You incur additional accommodation costs.
- You must maintain full-time on-campus enrolment and verify this each semester.
Application and other information
- Cannot be deferred.
- Students who have previously completed the requirements of a bachelor's degree or high-level award are not eligible for Commonwealth scholarships, unless such an award is a prerequisite to the current undergraduate course of study (e.g. completing a bachelor's degree and then enrolling in an honours degree).
- The maximum duration you can have access to one or more Commonwealth scholarships is a total of eight scholarship periods (i.e. twice yearly for up to four years).
- You may hold a Commonwealth Education Costs Scholarship and Commonwealth Accommodation Scholarship concurrently but not sequentially.
- Find out more about application information for: