Was introduced at the bequest of Kathleen Mary Johnston to support students from the Faculty of Law and the Faculty of Medicine, Nursing and Health Sciences with accommodation costs associated with living in the Monash University Halls of Residence or Mannix College.
Total average value up to $20,000
- $4000 per annum for a maximum of two years for students enrolled in the Bachelor of Medical Science and Doctor of Medicine.
- $4000 per annum for a maximum of five years for students enrolled in the Bachelor of Laws (or law double degrees).
- Up to two scholarships available. Scholarships are awarded consecutively.
- Based on academic achievement (ATAR score or equivalent).
All conditions must be met
- Australian or New Zealand citizen, holder of an Australian permanent resident visa or permanent humanitarian visa.
- Commencing full-time undergraduate student in either the Bachelor of Laws (Honours) (including any associated Law double degrees) or Bachelor of Medical Science and Doctor of Medicine.
- Permanent residence that is more than 80 kilometres from the Melbourne General Post Office.
- Live at Monash Residential Services at Clayton campus or Mannix College.
- You must reside in MRS or Mannix College accommodation.
- You must maintain full-time enrolment and a credit average (60%) each semester.
- You will be required to provide a one-page report for the donor at the end of the academic year, detailing your achievements over the course of the year and the impact the scholarship has had on you.
|Application and other information|
- Cannot be deferred.
- No application is necessary. Students who apply for a course through VTAC will be automatically assessed.