Health Services Management - M6008
Health Services Management
This course, offered by the Department of Epidemiology and Preventive Medicine, is designed for health professionals currently in, or seeking to be in, middle and senior health care management positions. If you are seeking to expand your knowledge and skills in the management of health services, this degree caters for your needs. This includes medical or general hospital administrators, clinicians, quality assurance managers, team leaders, senior nursing administrators, unit managers and a range of general task coordinators within the health care system.
If you are working or planning to work in middle or senior management roles in health care, this course will help you prepare for and advance your career.
The course coordinator, Professor Just Stoelwinder, is one of Australia's most senior and respected health care managers and management and policy academics.
You will complete eight core and three elective units.
Core units include:
- clinical leadership and management
- financial issues in health care management
- introduction to epidemiology and biostatistics
- principles of health care quality improvement
- foundations of health policy
- law for health systems
- reform and development of health services
- HSM case study.
Elective units include:
- human factors for patient safety
- applying and practising the principles of patient safety and quality improvement
- climate change and public health
- introduction to health economics
- nursing practice and management
- advanced nursing practice in context
- improving Indigenous equity in profession practice
- MPH code approved units (except units: MPH5020, MPH5301-5313).
You can exit the course early with a Graduate Certificate in Health Services Management or a Graduate Diploma in Health Services Management if you meet the requirements.
At a glance
On-campus at Alfred Hospital: Full time
Multi-modal at Alfred Hospital: Full time & part time
|Duration:||1.5 years (full time) , 3 years (part time)|
|Start date:||First Semester (February) Second Semester (July) This course is only available to domestic students in Multi-modal mode.|
|Qualification:||Master of Health Services Management|