Architectural Design - F2001
Applying to start in 2018? We’ve streamlined the application process for Architecture – you’ll no longer have to complete a pre-selection activity or participate in an interview. For more information, please contact the faculty.
Architects combine creative vision and technical expertise to help shape the built environment. Successful architecture can help revitalise a city, make housing affordable or help us live more sustainably.
With this straight-from-school architecture course, you will specialise from year one, and learn to respond to a range of complex contemporary issues facing the built environment to become a thoughtful maker of the world of tomorrow.
Architectural Design is the first stage of our five-year Bachelor/Master professional qualification in architecture. Successful completion of the Bachelor degree guarantees access into the Master of Architecture course. Highly achieving Year 12 applicants will automatically be considered for the Architectural Design Scholars Program.
Over half of your study is undertaken through Architecture Design Studios. You will:
- investigate design ideas and processes, mentored by leading academics and architects from around the world
- work with various media, from drawing to digital fabrication and at different scales, from models to full-scale design/make buildings
- learn to test design ideas and critically observe their implications with peers in small boutique studios
- gain understanding of architecture in its broad context while undertaking studies that let you interact with communities and work on projects that benefit others
- explore global issues and discover how to apply your knowledge to create local solutions
You may study part of your degree at the Monash Centre in Prato, Italy, or choose a travelling studio, taking you interstate or overseas.
Architecture is a creative discipline, offered alongside Fine Art and Design at Monash. This provides opportunities for collaboration through interdisciplinary studios and development as a sensitive urban professional.
Architecture presents substantial career opportunities in Australia and internationally. You may find yourself contributing to a wide range of buildings or large-scale urban projects. Our graduates work in private practices and for government, with opportunities as designers, policy advisors, project managers or in community development.
At a glance
*Conditions apply for the Monash Guarantee.
#Students are considered for admission to this course on the basis of scores against a range of criteria. Assessed elements include a pre-selection activity or portfolio, interview and ATAR. In the last year, successful students' ATAR scores, including any SEAS equity or subject bonuses, were 75 or above.
Please note: Monash Guarantee is not available for the Scholars Program.
|English||Maths||Sciences / Other|
|Start date||First Semester (February)|