At Monash, we take our reputation seriously. Monash has achieved an enviable national and international reputation for research and teaching excellence in a short 50 years. Monash is ranked in the top one per cent of world universities. And, in line with our vision and strategy for the future, Monash will continue to drive for improvement.
But while rankings are important, we care as much about your individual experience as we do about our position on the global scale. Monash gives you opportunities that don't affect our rankings, but will enrich your life as a Monash student.
Monash is ranked:
- in the top one per cent of world universities – 83rd in the world – according to the Times Higher Education World University Rankings (2014–2015)
- the 70th university in the world according to the 2014/2015 QS World University Rankings
- in the top 150 world universities, with an estimated rank of 134th according to the Academic Ranking of World Universities 2013.
Leaders from the world's most successful companies consistently rate Monash as a preferred university from which to hire graduates. Global Employability Rankings, 2011–2013, New York Times
Ranked 33rd in the world from which to hire graduates (Global Employability University Rankings, 2014)
QS Stars University Ratings 2014 gives Monash a 'five-star plus' institution rating, and five out of five stars for:
The Good Universities Guide 2015 awarded Monash five stars for:
- staff qualifications
- student retention
- research intensivity
- research grants.
Top one per cent of business employability education providers. Monash is the only Group of Eight university with triple crown international business accreditation within the Faculty of Business and Economics:
Monash is ranked:
- the best university in Australia for chemisty, engineering*, and computer science* (*ranked equal first) (Academic Ranking of World Universities, 2013)
- 46th in the world for clinical, pre-clinical and health (Times Higher Education, 2014–2015)
- 44th in the world for arts and humanities (Times Higher Education, 2014–2015)
- 48th in the world for engineering and technology (Times Higher Education, 2014–2015).
The QS World University Rankings (2014) rates us:
- the best university in Australia for pharmacy and pharmacology
- the best university in Australia for communications and media studies.
And the QS World University Rankings by Subject (2014) rates us:
- sixth in the world for education
- eighth in the world for pharmacy and pharmacology
- 16th in the world for law
- 17th in the world for linguistics
- 19th in the world for communication and media studies
- 20th in the world for accounting and finance
- 22nd in the world for chemical engineering
- 23rd in the world for geography
- 24th in the world for economics and econometrics
- 27th in the world for English language and literature
- 30th in the world for sociology
- 30th in the world for civil engineering
- in the top 50 for 18 subjects.
Monash is a member of the Group of Eight, an alliance of leading Australian universities recognised for their excellence in teaching and research. Group of Eight universities produce graduates who find full-time employment sooner, begin on higher salaries, and are more likely to move onto postgraduate studies than graduates from other Australian universities.