The Monash Guarantee
The Monash Guarantee gives you the opportunity to succeed at Monash by providing guaranteed access to a wide range of courses. You could be eligible for a guaranteed place at Monash – even if your achieved ATAR is below the clearly-in rank.
Do you attend a school that is under-represented at university?
Monash has identified over 1000 schools across Australia as being under-represented at university. We know many students from these schools have the ability to succeed if they are given the opportunity to study at Monash. If you attend one of these schools and achieve the required ATAR, you will be eligible for The Monash Guarantee. If you miss out on that, you will still be eligible for SEAS bonuses.
Have you experienced financial disadvantage?
Financial hardship during secondary school is one reason many students have difficulty reaching their full potential. So if you meet this criteria, and achieve the required ATAR, you will be eligible for The Monash Guarantee.
Are you an Indigenous Australian?
Monash benefits from a diverse student body that includes Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islanders. If you are an Indigenous Australian and achieve the required ATAR, you will be eligible for The Monash Guarantee.
How it works
If you meet the eligibility criteria including all course prerequisites and extra requirements, and meet the achieved ATAR for your chosen course (starting at 75+), The Monash Guarantee will provide you with:
- a guaranteed offer for courses where selection is based on ATAR only
- a guaranteed interview for the Bachelor of Medicine and Bachelor of Surgery (Honours) (MBBS) if you meet the ATAR and UMAT requirements
- a guaranteed interview or a guaranteed offer (if you have already passed the interview/audition requirements) for courses where selection is based on a range of criteria.
The Monash Guarantee does not include any scholars courses. Refer to the course list to see a complete list of courses included in The Monash Guarantee.
If you are admitted through The Monash Guarantee with an achieved ATAR 90+ or are an Indigenous student offered a Monash Scholarship for Exceptional Achievement or a Monash Scholarship for Outstanding Achievement, you will be invited to join the Vice-Chancellor's Access Monash Scholars (VCAMS) program, which includes a $1000 UniStart bursary.
To be eligible for The Monash Guarantee, you must:
- be studying Australian Year 12 or International Baccalaureate 2014
- satisfy the criteria for financial disadvantage or attend a Monash listed under-represented school or be an Indigenous Australian
- achieve the guaranteed ATAR for your preferred course
- satisfy all course prerequisites and extra requirements such as a UMAT, portfolio, interview or audition
- be an Australian or New Zealand citizen, holder of an Australian permanent resident or permanent humanitarian visa.
How to apply
To apply for The Monash Guarantee, you must:
- submit a VTAC course application and include your preferred Monash University courses in your preference list
- complete a Special Entry Access Scheme (SEAS) application including any required documentation
- complete a VTAC Scholarship application.
Need more information?
View the FAQ's to get more information about The Monash Guarantee, or contact Onshore Student Recruitment on +61 3 9903 4785.