We want to help you make the most of your talent. So, if studying at Monash feels out of reach for financial, geographical, cultural or personal reasons, you might consider applying for one of our equity scholarships or bursaries for domestic students.
You may need to provide supporting documentation to substantiate your claim.
To be eligible under this category, you must be either:
- receiving a current Centrelink payment and/or benefit (e.g. Youth Allowance or a Low Income Health Care Card), or
- experiencing exceptional financial disadvantage but not receiving any Centrelink payments or benefits.
Indigenous Australian background
This category applies if you identify as an Indigenous Australian and are accepted as such by an Indigenous Australian Community.
For students that have had to leave or abandon their native country due to persecution or fear of persecution on account of race, religion, personal associations, or political opinion.
This category applies if you have experienced difficult circumstances that have affected your ability to study. This may include:
- abusive family environment
- carer responsibilities (e.g. ill children, parent, siblings)
- chronic medical condition of a dependent child
- death of a parent/guardian/close relative
- death of a teacher/classmate/friend
- major illness of parent/guardian/close relative
- multiple relocations/moving house
- natural disaster (e.g. bushfire, flood)
- parent's separation/divorce
- relationship breakdown with significant other
- victim of crime.
Regional and remote areas
This category applies if you live or have lived in a regional and remote area of Australia as determined by the Australian Standard Geographical Classification Remoteness Areas Locator.
Disability or long-term medical condition
This category applies if you have a disability or medical condition that has affected your ability to study. This may include chronic pain, major illness, drug addiction, learning disabilities and mental illness, eating disorder, glandular fever, chronic fatigue syndrome or vision or hearing impairments.
Attended an under-represented school
Our under-represented schools list was compiled based on a combination of Student Family Occupation (SFO), Index of Community Socio-Educational Advantage (ICSEA) and transition to university data.
You must be a current Year 12 student in 2014, have attended a high school listed, and you must select this high school in your scholarship application form.